Experience Denton’s art scene in many forms on First Friday. These businesses and galleries will have activities throughout the evening between the hours of 6 p.m. to 10 p.m., with hours varying. It’s a great way to stroll through downtown, experience and observe local art activities.
Most activities begin at 6 p.m. and some will end at 9 p.m. and others will end at 10 p.m., but please check hours listed below for each participating location on Friday, November 6th.
5:30 to 8:30 p.m.
- UNT Gallery on the Square, 109 Elm St., is hostings public opening reception for the exhibition “Fulfillment Center” featuring UNT faculty artist Susan Cheal.
6 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- DIME Store, 510 S. Locust St., will hold a “Make & Take” craft activity. Make a hand sewn cactus. Complimentary beverage.
Mellow Mushroom, 217 E. Hickory, will have a prize wheel. Stop in for spin and maybe you will win a prize.
- Harvest House, 331 E. Hickory, is the last stop on the Velo Republic/ New Belgium Brewing Co. Bike Ride starting at Velo Republic Bike Shop on Fort Worth Dr. at 7 p.m., ending at Harvest House at 9 p.m. with cool bike stuff giveaways. Check out FREE live music at Harvest House at 8:30 p.m. featuring Robert Cody Maxwell and Jack Kerowax.
- Be sure to stop by before 9 p.m. to check out specials, activities, and see some great art:
A Creative Art Studio, 227 W. Oak St.
Serendipity on the Square, 108 W. Oak St., invites you to come by and observe a workshop and see what they do and check out some great shabby chic art.
Hoochies, 214 W. Hickory
Dusty’s 119 S. Elm
Hailey’s, 122 W. Mulberry
6 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- Painting with a Twist will have a class, so stop by and observe to see if you want to try one out.